ADOPTION FEE INFORMATION
Adoption fees keep our rescue funded to save more animals.
In an effort to offer clarity and transparency, our fees are as follows:
Puppies (6 months and under)
$500 TOTAL: Includes Microchip, Rabies and Spay/Neuter and first 1-2 rounds of DHPP puppy five in one shots. $50 Rebate given to keep our Spay/Neuter appointment or $50 towards Spay/Neuter at your own vet.
Puppies (7 months to 1 year)
$450 Fully Vetted/Vaccinated prior to adoption.
Adults (1 year old to 8 years old)
$350 Fully vaccinated and fixed before adopted.
and Special needs dogs (Any age)
Fee varies based on medical needs we provided, kind of home needed, etc. Usually $200-$550 Fully vetted and vaccinated prior to adoption, plus current medications and prescriptions go with them.
ADOPTION FEES INCLUDE:
1. Spay/Neuter (Refund of $50- $100 if you need/want it done at your own vet, case by case, must be discussed at time of adoption or soon after)
2. 1-2 sets (OUT OF 4 NEEDED) DHPP puppy shots for under 5 months old, If over 6 Months puppy will be FULLY VACCINATED DHPP prior to adoption.
3. Dewormed (2-3 times)
4. Seen by a vet before adoption
5. Blood-work up at time of spay/neuter will reveal any abnormalities or concerns. (IF ANY OCCUR, WE WILL LET ADOPTERS KNOW BEFORE ADOPTION IS FINALIZED. ALL PUPPIES ARE HEALTHY, AS WE KNOW IT, PER VET CHECK UP)
6. Flea Bath before going home (May send flea meds home; it is case by case)
7. Health Sheet upon going home
8. Microchipped (At time of spay/neuter)
9. Rabies done (IF WEIGH AND OLD ENOUGH AT TIME OF SPAY/NEUTER, OTHERWISE ADOPTERS RESPONSIBILITY)
As a Non-profit organization, all of our vet bills, life-saving procedures for all our special needs dogs, supplies for our foster dogs in foster homes, and supplies for our delicate bottle puppies, come from adoption fees and donations. Our adoption fees reflect what we spend on the dog, and to help continue the efforts made by our small organization to save more lives every year.
Soft Paws Rescue Team